Enforcing Your Divorce Orders And Agreements

When a couple with children decides to divorce, it is common to have a written agreement that outlines both spouse’s rights, obligations and responsibilities with regard to custody and parental support. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee this agreement will be followed and a parent can be left with a burden that is unbearable.

At Engel Law Group, P.S., we provide solid, effective representation to clients with divorce agreements and orders that aren’t being honored by their former spouses. If you or someone you know is going through a situation where your spouse isn’t following the divorce agreement, a skilled Dallas divorce lawyer from our firm can help.

What Are Your Options?

There are varying options for mothers and fathers, depending on the type of breached agreement that is involved. Options can include custody as well as parental and child support orders.

For instance, if your former spouse is missing child support payments, paying less than they are required to or simply not paying, an Engel Law Group, P.S., attorney can file a contempt hearing and request harsh consequences like a suspension of driving privileges, professional licenses and possibly serving jail time.

Issues regarding parenting plans involving custody issues, as well as spousal support orders, will often require a contempt hearing. In order to protect your interests in these types of cases, it is highly advised that one of our attorneys represent you. We can help to protect your legal rights in court, and fight for what you and your children deserve.

Here are a few examples of what can be sought in conjunction with a contempt hearing:

  • Request make-up parenting time
  • Wage garnishment
  • Seek to have attorney fees covered by your former spouse

If you or someone you know is struggling to receive spousal support or has custody issues, please contact the Engel Law Group, P.S., today.

Looking for a best real estate deals?

Learn More