When You Might Need A Post-Decree Modification

“The only constant in life is change.” And it’s no different when it comes to life after divorce. You’ll have changing situations in relationships, income and social matters. Any of these matters can trigger the need for the help of a professional lawyer to deal with new developments. It also helps when that our lawyer is familiar with family law, child support and parenting. The attorneys at Engel Law Group, P.S., have had extensive experience in these matters, and they’re ready to take care of your needs in and out of court. Change can happen to you. Change can happen to your ex-spouse. You can do everything right and still need to engage a lawyer for help with post-decree modifications.

Changes Regarding Your Ex-Spouse

Your ex-spouse could get a job change or get sick. Changes to your ex-spouse can affect the terms of a divorce. Legal changes to the divorce decree are referred to as post-decree matters.
Post-decree modifications can include a parenting plan, a parental relocation due to a new job, child support agreements or spousal support. These changes require the court to become involved, and circumstances must be presented and can include illness, unemployment or a significant change in income. Other factors include a change in the needs of the children or stepparent adoption and child custody.

Regardless of the factors leading to this change, the court will usually place the needs and best interests of the child first. These new developments can be emotionally taxing, and they require personal and professional handling so there is no damage done to the family members involved. Engel Law Group, P.S., has helped many families navigate the challenges of post-decree modifications, we’re ready to help you.

Make sure your post-decree modifications are handled by an expert. Contact an attorney at the Engel Law Group, P.S., today or schedule a consultation by calling 214-984-0059.

Looking for a best real estate deals?

Learn More